Friday, December 14, 2012

Arts/Cultural Response: Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band


On November 1st I was able to attend my first Bruce Springsteen concert. The Bryce Jordan Center showcased the Boss on a Thursday night. I went to the show with my dad who is a huge fan of Bruce Springsteen. This was my dad’s second time seeing Springsteen live.

The Bryce Jordan Center was filled with thousands of tons of all different ages. The arena felt like a giant party or a mini Thon. You could feel and hear the emotions of the audience. The stage was in the center and had jumbo screens for fans at the top of the arena to see Bruce from all angles.
Springsteen gave many anecdotes from life in New Jersey. The E Street Band rocked the BJC with classic hits such as “Jungleland”, “Born to run” and “Born in the USA.” The band and Springsteen always kept the audience’s attention and desire for more.

Being my first at one of his performances I thought he was amazing. I would definitely see him perform again. The reason was because he was such a powerful perfomer and you coould tell that he loves the music he makes and loves his fans. I feel that I was able to connect more with my dad and also to an older generation of music. The wrecking ball tour was a tour I will never forget. 

No comments:

Post a Comment